Aerial Lifts and Scissor Lifts
Aerial lift platforms are great tools to conduct work at heights and increase production efficiency. These machines lift personnel, tools and materials, from 10-12 feet in the air to as high as 100 feet.
Successful completion of this course will result in familiarization with various types of aerial lifts, increased knowledge of how to set up and safely operate them, and recognition and avoidance of the most common hazards associated with their use.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
AERIAL LIFTS AND SCISSOR LIFTS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Looks at different types of lifts and their anatomy
- Shows why it’s important to conduct a thorough pre-shift inspection each day before putting a lift into service
- Looks at aerial lift stability and the importance of knowing the machine’s capacity
- Emphasizes the importance of planning each lift and setting up the machine properly to avoid hazards and obstacles around the work site
- Identifies the six most common hazards associated with aerial lift operation and explains how to recognize, avoid or minimize them
Duration: 30 Min
Pass Mark: 80%