Boom Truck Awareness
In our highly mechanized world, cranes are the workhorses that have increased economic growth and productivity in construction, mining, logging, maritime, production, and service facilities.
Mobile cranes are versatile machines that can be used for many job applications from loading and unloading materials to placing those materials or personnel at heights hundreds of feet high.
Mobile cranes come in all sizes and are used to lift everything from small loads to loads in excess of 75 tons.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
ONLINE BOOM TRUCK COURSE TOPICS
- Anatomy of the crane
- The importance of daily inspections
- Crane stability and load charts
- Safety considerations of crane setup
- Communication and hand signals
- Basic rigging principles
- Safe inspect and use of lifting slings
- “Critical lifts” and the planning required
- The 6 most common hazards associated with crane operation