Dealing with Difficult Conversations
Think of a difficult conversation you had recently. What made it difficult? What was the outcome you were hoping for? What actually happened? What would have made it go better?
This course will give you tools and strategies to manage difficult conversations so that they are productive and effective instead of frustrating. After you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to;
- Identify reasons why conversations can become difficult.
- You’ll know how to recognize the ways a conversation can escalate.
- You’ll be able to describe the process for handling a difficult conversation once it occurs.
- You’ll be able to list the “rules” of emotion management.
- You’ll be more skilled at recognizing typical responses in difficult conversations and identifying ways to address them productively.
- You’ll be able to identify strategies to prevent difficult conversations from occurring.
- Conduct effective performance management conversations.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE OUTLINE:
- Lesson 1: Difficult Conversations – Where Do They Come From?
- Lesson 2: Crisis Prevention Strategies
- Lesson 3: “In the Heat” Communication Strategies
- Lesson 4: Performance Management Conversations
- Case Study: Apply What You’ve Learned
Duration: 60 min
Pass Mark: 80%