Defensive Driving Attitudes
Employees may know defensive driving skills, but do they practice them?
Behind the wheel, it is all about attitude, and attitudes determine how drivers respond to risk while driving. This Defensive Driving Attitudes course encourages drivers to think about motivations and personal factors that cause excessive risk taking and impulsive driving decisions.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING ATTITUDES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
This course will explain how the Five Fundamentals of Defensive Driving can reduce risk and prevent vehicle incidents.
- Explores situations and the actions of other drivers that may cause irritation or changes in decision making as well as an increase in risk-taking behaviour
- Encourages a more tolerant outlook toward other drivers
- How stress affects drivers mentally, emotionally, and physically to promote risk taking behaviour
- What drivers can do to reduce or manage stress and their reaction to it
- Anger is the most dangerous emotion when mixed with driving
- Understand two kinds of anger that can result in reactionary or risk taking driving actions
- Simple and effective anger management tools that can be used while driving
- How to avoid personal confrontations and road rage incidents
- Understanding the nature of aggressive driving
- How anyone can turn into an aggressive driver if stressed or provoked
- How to reduce risky driving actions which could cause incidents
- Reducing vehicle abuse, fuel, and repair costs
- How willingness to take responsibility for resolving even bad situations in a positive way can reduce stress and empower drivers
- How unrealistic expectations of others leads to disappointment, stress, and escalated risk tolerance
This course is invaluable for everyone who drives as part of their job and faces stress or pressure.
Duration: 90 min
Pass Mark: 80%