Electrical Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
This online Electrical Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment course focuses on the aspects of hazard identification and risk assessment as outlined in Canadian Standards Association CSA Z462-12 Workplace Electrical Safety. The principles and procedures provided in this course are intended for workers who are exposed to hazards associated with the use of electricity.
This course will benefit all electrical workers including electricians, electrical technicians and technologists, electrical engineers, HVAC technicians, plant operations personnel, Occupational Health and Safety professionals, and all personnel involved in performing electrical switching operations.
Although this course is modelled after the Workplace Electrical Safety standard, the lessons and techniques used in this course can be applied to hazard identification and risk assessment in the workplace for all tasks.
This course is sanctioned by the Engineering Institute of Canada and qualifies for continuing educations credits.
ELECTRICAL HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND RISK ASSESSMENT COURSE TOPICS
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Responsibilities and regulations associated with the hazard identification and risk assessment process
- Hazards associated with the use of electricity
- Initial risk estimation
- Parameters used in risk assessment
- Risk reduction strategies
- Risk evaluation
- Risk reduction verification and the audit process
Duration: 4.5 Hrs
Pass Mark: 80%