HAZWOPER: Confined Space Entry
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste. Since then, other regulations have followed, including OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training depending on an employee’s specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This online HAZWOPER: Confined Space Entry course discusses how to eliminate or reduce potential exposure to hazardous materials in confined space work environments. It meets the employee training requirements of OSHA’s HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120).
HAZWOPER: CONFINED SPACE ENTRY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Definitions of confined spaces
- Hazards encountered in confined spaces
- OSHA’s Permit-Space Entry Program
- Duties and responsibilities of the entry team
- Atmospheric testing
- Protecting entrants in hazardous atmospheres
- The use of lifelines in rescue operations
- And more!
Duration: 60 min
Pass Mark: 80%