Each year thousands of employees suffer the adverse effects of heat stress. Whether they work outdoors under the hot summer sun or indoors with equipment and machinery that give off high levels of heat, workers need to know how to recognize and prevent heat stress and other heat-related health problems.
Using a powerful combination of audio, full-motion video, text, and colorful graphics, Heat Stress provides topic-based lessons so information is easily understood and retained. Learners will be taught how heat affects the body, the steps they can take to prevent heat stress, and elementary first aid that can be given to a worker affected by heat-related illness.
HEAT STRESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Situations leading to heat-related illnesses
- Heat stress, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke
- How the body reacts to heat
- Recognizing symptoms of heat stress
- Preventing heat-related illnesses
- First aid
- And more!
Duration: 45 min
Pass Mark: 80%