Indoor Air Quality
Air is all around us, and we breathe it every day to stay alive. But how clean is the air that we breathe? While we know that it contains oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, there may be other substances in the air around us that we do not know about, such as dust, mites, spores, bacteria, and hazardous fumes.
This online Indoor Air Quality course uses a powerful combination of audio, full-motion video, text, and colorful graphics to help workers understand the potentially harmful effects of poor air quality. The course is divided into topic-based lessons to help learners understand and retain information on preventing, identifying, and correcting air quality problems.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Sources of air contamination
- Adhesive and solvent fumes
- Vehicle exhaust
- How a building’s occupants affect indoor air quality
- The importance of proper housekeeping
- Smoking and second-hand smoke
- The use of humidifiers and dehumidifiers
- Pollutant pathways, including air ducts and crawlspaces
- Heating and air conditioning systems
- Signs and symptoms of poor air quality
- And more!
Duration: 45 min
Pass Mark: 80%