Safe Backing Procedures and Blind Spots
This online Safe Backing Procedures and Blind Spots course provides important information to individuals operating motor vehicles for both company and personal use. Backing and blind spot incidents account for over 25% of all vehicle collisions every year!
This interactive course provides participants with the knowledge to minimize the inherent risks associated with backing a vehicle, as well as many ways to deal with the blind spots around their vehicle.
Who should take this course?
- Summer students
- New hires
- Employees who operate company vehicles
- Employees who rent vehicles for company business
SAFE BACKING PROCEDURES AND BLIND SPOTS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Safe Backing and Blind Spots Introduction
- Blind Spot Distances
- Internal Blind Spots
- Guide to Proper Mirror Positioning
- New Blind Spot Monitoring Technology
- External Blind Spots
- Causes of Backing Collisions
- Pre-Backing Preparation
- Backing with a Guide and Proper use of Hand Signals
- Parking Lot Exercises and Other Backing Hazards
- New Back-up Technology
Duration: 90 min
Pass Mark: 80%