Substance Abuse Awareness for Supervisors
Substance abuse in the workplace is a serious issue. Drug and alcohol abuse adversely affects morale and productivity on the job and can endanger both the abuser and his or her co-workers. This online Substance Abuse Awareness for Supervisors course helps supervisors understand how to recognize, document, and handle workplace situations involving substance abuse.
This course is appropriate for supervisors in a variety of workplace environments.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AWARENESS FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Substance abuse statistics
- Impacts of substance abuse in the workplace
- Elements of an effective substance abuse company policy
- Signs of substance abuse
- The concepts of “independent observation” and “reasonable suspicion”
- How to properly document observed behaviors that may indicate substance abuse
- How to confront an employee suspected of substance abuse
Duration: 60 min
Pass Mark: 80%