Employers have discovered that their employees miss more time from work as a result of off-the-job accidents than due to injuries experienced on the job. Many of these accidents occur during the winter holidays, as employees do things that they are not familiar with or haven’t done since the year before. Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
This course shows employees how to plan ahead, look for potential hazards, and avoid dangerous situations that occur during the winter holiday season.
WINTER SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Christmas trees (selecting, transporting, and setting up)
- Using string lights
- Safe use of extension cords and outlets
- Fires, fireplaces, and chimneys
- Using candles
- Fire extinguishers and fire escapes
- Dressing for cold weather
- Working in the cold
- Walking and driving in ice and snow
Duration: 30 min
Pass Mark: 80%