Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention
This Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention course includes Ontario Bill 168 and BC Bill 14. This dynamic, engaging online course package covers vital information your supervisors and employees need to prevent, recognize, and respond to incidents of harassment, bullying, and violence — and to comply with the law.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for their subject matter expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
WORKPLACE HARASSMENT PREVENTION TOPICS INCLUDE
- What constitutes sexual and other types of harassment and retaliation
- The difference between impact and intent
- How to effectively prevent harassment
- How to effectively respond should harassment occur
- Manager and supervisor responsibilities and liability
- How and why to use the company complaint procedure
- The importance of good citizenship in the workplace community
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE AWARENESS AND PREVENTION TOPICS INCLUDE
- What is workplace violence?
- Types of workplace violence
- High risk employment
- Common obstacles to taking action
- Warning signs
- Violence prevention tips
- Supervisor action items
- Tips for preventing escalation
- Incident prevention
Duration: 1.75 hours
Pass Mark: 80%